Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our scare from Aaron

Aaron started vomiting for an unknown reason Sunday night and stopped breathing for a few seconds. We ended up in the ER and then in the hospital. We are on day 3 right now and looking to stay one more night. Aaron is doing quite well despite the fact that he can't move more than 3 feet because he is hooked up to oxygen and an O2sat meter. Now that the scare is over, we are making the most of our time here. Aaron tries to break free daily. He managed to pull out his IV line and then the nurses decided he could keep it out. He is not so lucky with the oxygen hose stuck in his nose. The nurses have tried to stop his oxygen several times, but his lungs are still not back to normal yet.

Serena has been the true hero. She keeps us entertained. She LOVES the castle downstairs and she is determined to climb up that bean stock everyday. She doesn't believe me when I say it is impossible. We have one more day here and I wouldn't be surprised if I find her at the top tomorrow.

My sister and her girls stopped by. They were visiting from Spokane. It is nice to have visitors here at the hospital. Her girls are adorable. They hadn't been here for a half an hour and they were given free build-a-bears. Wow! What lucky girls.

Aaron is finally catching up on some much needed rest. The oxygen/sat machine beeps all night and we get very little sleep. He is also exhausted from screaming in protest whenever anyone puts on the gloves (he knows something is about to happen to him). The loudest I have heard him so far is when the respiratory therapists tried to clear out the mucus in his nose so he can breath. I call them the "torture team" since you would have thought strapped him down and stuck needles in him with the howls he was making.

It is easy to make light of all this now that he is in good spirits and doing well, but he really gave us quite the scare. We are so happy that our little guy is healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment