Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Atlanta



What a great conference! The conference was for survivors and dealing with life after a transplant. I was the only one that went before having a transplant. I just want to know exactly what to expect and how to prepare.

I was glad to hear that about half of the parents chose Cincinnati Children's Hospital for their children's transplants. CCH is really the best place to go.

I also learned that once the transplant is over, it is far from over. He could possibly face a lifetime of complications from the transplant. However, most of the complications are manageable and would give him a better quality of life than if we didn't do the transplant.

I could go on and on about the conference, but I will stop now. I am glad I went and feel even more prepared for the journey ahead. I will definitely try to go next year. Anyone want to go with me???

Oh and about Atlanta... I am not a huge fan at all. Maybe it is because I forgot my sunglasses and the windshield of the rental car was dirty and I could barely see where I was going. Or was it the traffic lights that were so small? Or all the one way streets that wound around? Or all the people that just walk out in the middle of the road when cars are driving by?

No comments:

Post a Comment