Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Saturday, November 24, 2012

A year ago today

On the Saturday after thanksgiving last year we packed up our car with donated food, warm clothes, and a few toys and left on our journey to Cincinnati. I had cried for months leading up to this day. I was scared to death not knowing if this was the right decision. Once we left, I put all that behind me and never second guessed myself. I am surprised how little I have cried since (I mostly cried when I didn't know if Aaron would make it).

Unfortunately, Aaron's immune system is still worse now than before transplant. We still believe he will heal and we hope soon. Michael and I have worked together to get through this last year. Things are going to be really hard now that I am leaving to go back to Orlando to work full time. I can't imagine leaving Aaron for weeks at a time. I figure that we have gotten through everything else the past few years and we will get through this as well.

On a brighter note, I saw glimpses of Aaron's personality shine through today and that was fun. Makes all of this worth it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment