Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

French Fries & DVDs (aka Road Trip)

We got a late start leaving Monday morning. Aaron has always been an early riser waking up between 5:30am and 6:30am. He picked Monday morning to sleep in until 8am! Then he decided he did not want to eat breakfast. We had to wait until he felt like eating and then we finally got on the road by 9:00. After filling up with gas and stopping by Walmart for an FM tuner (so I could listen to my book on tape with the iPod), I turned on Aaron's DVD player and we headed out of town.
Our first stop was just after Gainesville. I let Aaron out to run around, we changed his diaper, and attempted to feed him. I bought some prepackaged Gerber toddler meals that would be easy on the road. Aaron was not having that at all. I tried two different varieties. It took some careful maneuvering to keep him from throwing it on the ground of the car (this is what he does at home when he does not like his food). I finally gave in and went to the Wendy's drive thru and got him some fries. Now he was happy.

We made two more stops before reaching our hotel in Atlanta. Aaron barely ate on those stops and just begged for his favorite juice. Aaron did not want to sleep so I let him run up and down the halls at 10pm until he was tired enough and finally crashed. Michael met up with us in Atlanta and we drove the whole next day. We arrived in Cincinnati by 7pm. Overall, not a bad drive. We had beautiful weather. Also, the book on tape was excellent. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good adventure. Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton. Rumor is that Steven Spielberg is making it a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment