Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eye surgery

The surgery went well. We woke up at 4:30 to be at the hospital by 5:30. We checked him in. The man checking us in kept sneezing and blowing his nose. I totally freaked out on him. I had to touch all these electronic pens after he did. I finally told him that Aaron has no immune system and can't be around someone sick. He said it was just allergies. Hmmm... not buying that story. Anyhow, after that, everything was great! The nurses were amazing and took very good care of Aaron. The surgery took one and a half hours. The doctor told me that everything went well and to come see him in a week. I sat with Aaron until he woke up. He never fussed. Once we got home, he was ready to play with his trains right away. He was fussy the next morning, but I think it is more from being tired than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment