Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Sunday, February 24, 2013

We made it

I had no doubt we would find a way to get to Cincinnati.  I can't think of anything that would stop me from getting Aaron his treatment.  However, I didn't know how we would make it...

My car has been in the shop three times in the last week for three different issues.  I feel like every time you bring a car to be fixed, you end up with another problem (or two or three).  Friday my car gave me trouble again and the mechanic said I needed a new computer and the closest one available was in California.  There was no way they could fix the car for awhile.  I tried so hard to be strong, but I broke down in front of the mechanic.  We were supposed to leave the next morning to drive to Cincinnati.  The mechanic was so sweet and even offered to drive me home, but that didn't help with getting Aaron to Cincy.

Michael and I looked at all options including renting a car and buying a car.  We finally settled on buying a cover for the bed of Mike's truck and taking our chances with his clutch that needed to be replaced two years ago.

We made it!!!!!  Aaron will get his treatment and I pray we make it home safe.

Aaron's gvhd has been great.  Slight flares and gone the next day.  His bigger issue right now is that his belly is so swollen, he looks like a he is carrying a basketball under his shirt.   I am a bit concerned and have emailed the doctor.  I am anxious to get to the doctor tomorrow.  As always, his spirits are great and he is a perfect sweetheart.  Barely made a fuss the whole ride up.  His only complaint was that he doesn't like when Mom drives because he wants Mom to sit in the back with him.

1 comment: