Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer in review (part two)



I was fortunate to make it to Spokane, WA for my sister's surprise birthday party.  We had massages, spent time with her beautiful family, and drove to Portland to visit some of her friends.  The weather was beautiful and she was delighted to bring her Porsche out of the garage and drive with the top down for the road trip.  I miss her tons and wish we lived a lot closer.





My brother and his family took a two week vacation and I am super thankful they decided to go to Disney World.  Living in Orlando often means family comes to me.  I can't even remember how long it has been since I have seen Craig and Katie.  We had lunch at the NBA restaurant and afterwards the kids got soaked running around in the water.   Serena enjoyed having three friends listen to her talk and talk and talk. 




With major reluctance, we took Aaron to the community swing set.  Aaron's doctor said it was time to start getting Aaron out of the house a bit and take him to the park.  We went at eight in the morning.  He was loaded up with sunscreen, UV clothing, a hoodie, and his wide rimmed hat.  I was still scared to death.  We stayed outside for maybe 15 minutes.  Aaron really did not have that much fun.  UV light is deadly to him and we have to limit his exposure.  Next time we will try a park with more activities and maybe earlier in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment