Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Monday, January 30, 2012

GVH (Day +27)

Aaron was diagnosed with graft vs host disease yesterday.  He has a red raised rash over his entire body.  They doubled his steroid dose to help.  Aaron became combative again and was hard to control.  He started talking again yesterday, but still won't get out of bed.  He hasn't walked in over a week.  This has been a hard week.  I am terrified of GVH; it ranges from mild to deadly.  However, the doctors say some GVH is a good thing.  It means that his transplant is working.

I am so thankful Marsha has come into my life.  She had a transplant several years ago and she is able to provide a calm that no one else can.  She is living proof that there is normalcy in our future.  Thank you!







4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, my heart just dropped. I'm so sorry. We are praying. It's gotta be the mild kind-it's gotta! We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking about Aaron. Will continue to pray for him and your family. I am so glad you have people who can help you and calm you. It is so important in trying times. Sending lots of love your way. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're sorry to hear this...just know you are in our thoughts and prayers daily, as y'all continue to move forward. Poor little guy, what he's been through...you are loving, caring parents that will pull him through whatever, with Our Lord's help...ask big for what you want...He's just waiting to hear from you. Blessings,
    John & Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sooooo much Chandelle, for allowing me to share in this with you and provide you with a little hope. I know how scary it must be for you - I am a grown adult, and watched the fear in my parents eyes as they were there with me every day. You have a strength that amazes me. Please let me know any time if there is ever anything that you need! My prayers are with you and your family.

    Love you tons!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete