Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Friday, January 6, 2012

Mommy is not tough enough (Day +3)

This is the worst day I have had with Aaron his entire life! Since the second he woke up he was screaming, thrashing, and hitting me. I had to be right by his side to prevent him from hurting himself. He managed to jerk his head back into my chest and nose. He scratched up my arms and kicked me in the legs. He hit the back of his head several times against the bed rails and his face thrashed down on the rail once. By 2:00, I broke down in tears and asked Michael to come back from work to help me. Of course, he didn't hesitate and is on his way.

I think this is being caused by a combination of his steroids and pain medication. Steroids cause "Roid Rage" and most kids get this. However, Aaron seems to get worse when they give him pain medication. We have tried 3 different kinds so far. They finally turned off the pain pump for a few minutes and Aaron fell asleep. Right now he is sleeping and I am taking a minute to dry my tears and regain strength.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Chandelle, I'm so sorry...praying Aaron"s problems will turn around and things will go better, each day. Just know we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers daily...jackie & john

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandelle, as hard as that was to read, I can only imagine how much harder that was for you (and Aaron) to have experienced. I pray, so earnestly, that the days will rapidly get better, and for all these experiences to quickly, and permanently, fade into foggy memories. Love you lots and lots!!! - Revelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandelle, you are such a wonderful mother. He is so lucky to have you. I am sorry that you are all going through this. Praying! COnstently praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just this evening telling my mum and hubby that Aaron had his transplant. So sorry to hear of his discomfort (that word doesn't seem strong enough for what you have described).

    Praying for you all, and for this too become as Revelle said a memory of the past. Loving you all more than you would ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chandelle, I'm so sorry you guys had such a bad day. I hope today is going better. We are praying for your strength. So happy to great that Michael is joining you. If I can help, let me know. I'll fly over to assist.

    ReplyDelete