Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Reassurance

The doctors today are very pleased with Aaron's progress.  His numbers that correlate to his immune system are within the range they like, even though they have been trending downward the last week.  They are not concerned.  His skin GVH has been very responsive to the steroids and looks much better.  However, he now looks like he has been tanning by the beach for a week without sunscreen.  He was started on a medication that should decrease the EBV levels to zero within the next two weeks.  All of these things are promising.  He is still very irritable, not talking much, and won't get out of bed.  Steroids are awful!

On a brighter note, Michael came into town and gave me half of a day off.  I was in the middle of doing laundry and a RMH employee asked if I would like to have a massage.  There had been a no show.  I was hesitant knowing I had a million other things to do, but I said yes.  It was wonderful!!!  A one hour full body massage for free.  Michael has a friend that lives near by.  They met up this evening to hang out for a couple of hours.  This was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment