Aaron's Hyper IgM Journey

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Day of Prayer and Running

 Aaron learning how to kneel in prayer in the Meditation Room at the hospital.


Aaron's first experience at a Catholic style chapel.

The day started as usual.  We woke up.  I unhooked Aaron's IV line and he got his 10 morning medications.  We attempted breakfast, but Aaron wouldn't eat.  Then he threw up.  I was worried and called the doctor.  Of course like everything else, we will watch and wait.  Then to my surprise... Aaron was running all over the room laughing and playing.  I decided he needed to get out of the room and get his energy out.  He ran for almost 45 minutes!  I found a couple of places in the shade outside and then some isolated places inside. 

We went to the hospital and explored the chapel area.  First we went to the Meditation Room.  We knelt down and prayed.  There are many children that need our prayers, but several have stuck out lately and we wanted to take some time to pray for them.  We ask that you please take a moment to pray for them as well.  Jill had her transplant around the time of Aaron.  She is in the ICU with an infection that is resistant to antibiotics.  Both of her sisters have also required BMTs.  Rashik is an infant who's BMT did not work and is in the ICU with lung problems.  Our next door neighbor here at RMH has a 20 year old with cancer of the hip that has spread.  A few days ago, his mother was driving him to a clinic to preserve his sperm before chemotherapy.  While driving they were in a head on collision.  He broke his hip and is in a full body cast.  And lastly, there is another little boy that is close to our hearts.  He is also affected with hyper-IgM (like Aaron) and had is transplant about a week ago.  We pray for him and his family as they continue through this journey and all of its ups and downs.

This evening, Aaron still had more energy to get out.  We went to the shaded patio and played hide and seek.  Aaron is not good at keeping his eyes closed while I hide, so I had to be a little sneeky.  We had a blast.  He ran around for another 20 minutes and screamed when I told him it was time to go inside.

1 comment: